What’s the result of massive amounts of code and a few weeks development time? Android 4.3.1 / Cyanogenmod 10.2 for the ZTE Tureis!
First, some screenshots – more details are below of them:
Features of this ROM:
-removed a lot of pre-installed apps
-ICS-Adreno 200-driver for better performance
-is searching for a swap partition on the sd card and uses it
-Apps are installed onto the SD
-extended kernel with functions like zRAM, some io schedulers and cpu governors
-bcmdhd-driver for better wifi performance
-Bluetooth is not working (apparently some problems with rfkill at the moment) -Compass not working (they built in the sensor sideways – have to work out the axis. I already did that for the g-sensor and it’s running)
Bluetooth and Compass were fixed in release 1.01 below.
How to install?
Attention: The Tureis must’ve been rooted!
1. Download the ZIP file and unzip it to your sd card with the following path scheme:
2. Open up a terminal on the tureis (with this app) and enter the following command:
su && flash_image recovery /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/cyanogenmod/recovery.img
3. Reboot the phone while pressing POWER DOWN. Clockworkmod is opening. There you choose “Restore” and your cyanogenmod folder on the sd card. Now wait a minute while it’s processing the files and choose “Reboot”. You are done!
How to root the Tureis
If you are still using the stock android without root, create an “image” folder on the root of the sd card. Using this, we will flash an (old, but signed) ClockWorkMod. Download this here and extract the “image.bin” into the image-folder on your sd card. After that, you can go to the settings of Android and use the SD flash method to install it.
CWM is installed now – fine. Let’s move on to getting root access on the device. Copy this zip file onto your SD card.
After that, reboot the device and hold the Power and VOL Down buttons simultaneously. CWM will start up – use the “Install zip file” option to install the zip file and – voila – your device is rooted now.
I don’t take responsibility for any damage of your device whats-o-ever! This is a custom ROM and no official android from the manufacturer!
Version 1.00 – look on top for bugs:
– Switched screen to 120dpi, it is a bit sharper now
– Fixed a bug were the space bar could not be pressed
– Fixed Bluetooth and compass – if bluetooth is buggy, restart to get it running
– Widgets and Icons fit onto the Launcher now
– Switched codebase to Cyanogenmod 10.2!
– Trimmed down the build (removed dictionaries, unused scripts, disabled kernel debugging) for getting more RAM back
– Fixed appearance of the lockscreen (elements fit onto it now)
Updating is not possible because of the radical changes. Reflash it completely.
– Added back the missing overlays in the launcher
– Fixed Wi-Fi disabling unexpectedly
– Reenabled kernel debugging
– Added Music application from Android 4.3.1
– Fixed size of default wallpaper
– Fixed pincode key number appearance
– Better detection of swap partition on the sd card
– sd-ext is now supported
– Replaced GhostCommander with TotalCommander
– Included Lightning Browser
– Replaced DPAD_CENTER button with RETURN for better compatibility with certain applications
– Enabled Cyanogenmod Account (tried to make contact groups usable, but it seems like Google Play is needed for that)
– Fixed Repeat button in music player being halfway out of the screen
– Fixed search overlapping the pound button in the dailer
– Fixed the broken layout when getting a call and the screen is locked (you can actually see who is calling you now)
– Fixed the clock appearance on the lockscreen
Version 2.3 (Security Release!):
– Added F-Droid as an alternative to Google Play
– Updated Lightning, AdAway and Total Commander
– Fixed the following exploits:
CVE-2013-2596 (Motochopper Pwn)
Of course, the ZTE Tureis still won’t be the most secure phone this planet has ever seen, but hey – the hack from Geohot is useless on our device and this means, that we are much better than 99,9% of all devices out there at the moment! 🙂